We all love to improve our living space, and while a major renovation will certainly achieve the desired results, there are ways we can transform our interior without too much work. Making the right improvements can really make all the difference, and with that in mind, here are a few ideas on how to give your home a face-lift.
1. Lighting – LED lighting offers the homeowner so much choice. LED strips can be attached anywhere, and these add a warm and cosy ambience to any interior, while a couple of Victorian wall lamps would make for an ideal addition to any study. If you like antique and vintage lighting, talk to a local antique dealer who would have a catalogue of genuine antique lights. Alternatively, you may not have a lighting style in mind just yet so it may be wise to check out the various types available like drum lights or pendant lights through websites such as lightart.com so you can make a well-informed decision.
2. Introduce a Few Antiques – It is all the rage nowadays to combine old with new, and there are antique furniture dealers online who would have an extensive collection of quality antiques. A couple of Victorian mirrors, for example, would look great in a modern or contemporary setting, or perhaps an Edwardian desk to bring some colour and contrast to a study.
3. Screening & Shading – Why not replace those old curtains with some bespoke blinds from somewhere similar to ICL SA? This will brighten up any room, and if you have the whole house fitted with a themed design, you can really transform the interior. Blinds are not expensive, plus the range of styles is extensive, including roller, vertical, Venetian, Roman and pleated blinds. Choose contrasting colours to the décor, which will add a new dimension to the look, and with made to measure solutions, you are sure of a perfect fit every time!
4. Introduce Cushions – Another very cost-effective way to brighten up an interior, cushions with rich colours and textured finishes will really add some striking colour. Bean bags are another great idea, as they also offer comfortable seating, and, of course, they can be placed in different locations. You can be creative with shapes, depending on the layout, and the cushions can also be used in bedrooms for some added comfort. There are a few interior decorating hacks that can really transform any interior, which makes for an interesting read.
5. Restore Old Furniture – A lick of paint or some wood stain can really make a difference to any setting, and if you walk through the house, taking note of any furniture item that might benefit from some restoration, you should end up with a list. This would make for an interesting hobby, while at the same time improving your living space. With the right tools, there’s no limit to what you can achieve.
All of the above can brighten up your home, and should you wish to blend a few antiques into a modern setting, search online for a nearby antique dealer, who can help you to source specific items. All it takes is a little creativity and a small budget to transform your living space, and this is the ideal time of year to carry out minor improvements.